[PD] Re: PDa on HP IPAQ 5550

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Thu Mar 17 17:35:44 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, derek holzer wrote:
> I am mostly interested in [shell], so maybe Ggee would be a good start.
> I don't know if it would be easier/faster to only do the data-flow
> objects?? In which case, things like [wrap] (Cyclone), [gate] (IEM_lib),
> and [makesymbol], [date], [time] (Zexy) seem like the most obvious and
> useful ones to port.

yes, control only objects just have to be compiled. I am not sure about
the usefulness of gate, as it is the same as the builtin spigot,
especially now that it allows for parameters.

> Next thing: what about ALSA? I know ALSA support for normal PD is kinda
> wacked, but could you possibly get it working better for Familiar?
> Reason I ask is that the ALSA drivers have patches to get the sound to
> come out of the headphone jack for the IPAQ 5550. Otherwise, you're
> stuck with the built-in speaker!!!

Have you tried to install the patched ALSA drivers ?
Most probably you are already using ALSA drivers, because familiar
doesn't come with OSS drivers.

Cheers,
Guenter