[PD] pd on shared linux server

Andres Cabrera andres at geminiflux.com
Fri Mar 18 01:35:43 CET 2005

Hi,
I just built pd from cvs for the first time today, and gladly found it
was very straight forward (congratulations developers!). What you are
missing is not Xfree86, but tcl (and probably tk). I use planet ccrma so
it as very easy to get tcl-devel and tk-devel.
Since you don't have root password, I'm not sure if things will work,
and will surely be a bit more complicated. You will probably have to
instruct pd's configure where to find the tcl/tk installation.
You will also need at least alsa support if you're doing audio
streaming, so check if that's installed. (I think it probably is since
it's a recent kernel)
You can find tcl/tk here:

Good luck,
Andrés