[PD] [OT] Harware accelaration on ATI radeon 9000 (M9) for gem

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Mar 21 21:55:39 CET 2005

Hey,

"direct rendering disabled" means no acceleration. Are you sure your ATI
drivers are working fine?

On SUSE I had the problem of system updates uninstalling my nvidia
drivers, maybe your ATI drivers got lost after an update?? Gem has
nothing to do with acceleration on your machine, this is only defined by
your X environment. I get this when typing:  glxinfo | head

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
server glx extensions:
     GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
     GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.3

your looking for "direct rendering YES!" and something about ATI rather
than NVIDIA.