[PD] Beginner

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 05:55:37 CEST 2005

Thanks for the links.  I've hunted down some of the Windows problems
mentioned in the documentation.  The chopping and crackling is mostly
gone.  I am playing with the Arp from that page, and I'm coming to the
conclusion that Pd just isn't for Windows XP.  Csound real-time gives
me some of the same problems, which I've never seen before.  I have 2
Ghz, 512M RAM, but maybe I'd need more.
I did manage to straighten out the help examples by raising my
latency, but that Arp still cuts in and out.  It plays all the notes,
but sometimes they're softer.  I thought maybe it was some sort of
portamento, but if it is I can't control it.  I'll give it a little
more attention but I'm not digging the results yet.

-Chuckk

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:18:28 +0100, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>
> > I'm making my way through some of the documentation.  It seems pretty
> > awesome.  I am interested in microtonal, and I'm starting to conceive
> > of a step-sequencer for my tunings.
> >
> > But as of now, I would be content to find a few patches that are
> > fairly musical.  All of the patches I've tried from the documentation
> > are good instruction, but just repeating ugly sounds over and over and
> > over while you change parameters.
> > Is there a repository of synth patches somewhere, or something?
>
> Tom Erbe recently posted some really very cool patches by some of his
> students: http://music.ucsd.edu/~tre
>
> I also may point out the RRADical patches by me available in the
> pure-data.sf.net CVS, but they need a whole bunch of externals (mainly
> Cyclone, zexy, and OSC).
>
> Ciao
> --
> Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__