[PD] Win 2000 pix_video

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Mar 29 03:08:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I posted earlier this week about trying to capture using a Matrox X100
capture card with Gem 0.90.1 and Windows 2000. I've figured out that it
sort of works using the analog input to the capture card.

However, when I open the gemwin (I don't even have to start rendering)
PD slows down to the point where it takes as much as a minute to repond
to my input. The CPU load meter jumps up to above 600, and in about 5
minutes PD crashes without a message.

I've used GEM (.87, w/ pd 0.36) with a video input on this computer
before with no problems, so this is odd. It has dual P4 3.0 GHz
processors, so it shouldn't have a problem there--this patch runs
smoothly on a single P4 3.2G. The video card is a Radeon 9800, so /that/
shouldn't be a problem..

Any ideas what could be causing this, or what I could do to fix it?

Thanks,
Ian

--
http://www.0x09.com