[PD] pdp_ieee1394: grabber,initialization failed

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 13 17:03:25 CEST 2005

just one (hopefully) last remark

ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:
> and, no, i cannot always test on such a machine
> for there are _none_ here,
> and i cannot install osx on my pc.

hmm, i perfectly well test all my libraries/externals (but very few (i
think: 1) which are windoze only) on linux (debian), as this is where i
do them, and still there have been bugs that would stop them to build on
linux(fedora)...

i don't think that you test every piece of code you write on
debian/redhat/fedora/slackware/suse/ubuntu/caldera/freebsd/openbsd/...
even though you have the possibility to install each single one of these
on your hardware.

 > you don't see the difference ?

actually this i think is the strength of CVS: a single person doesn't
have to support all platforms, but in a collaborational effort everyone
can test and fix on their personal preferred platform: et voila, finally
we have a product that runs "everywhere" perfectly.

CVS is mainly about developing and not about releasing.

mfg.olu.234
IOhannes