[PD] Installation with GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 25 13:51:21 CEST 2005

Malte Steiner wrote:
> Hello
>
>> Two cameras would send their frames to two image stacks which contain
>> say 30 frames (the more the better).
>> The actual frame is subtracted from the last one and the resulting
>> frame of this simple kind of movement-dedection would serve as a
>>

> should be possible with stock GEM modules, I did an simular installation
yes

> with pix buffering and subtraction etc, but a single usb cam.
if you just want to get some simple movement detection there is
[pix_movement] (and [pix_movement2] which does exactly that: subtract to
(or more) subsequent (if this is the correct word) frames; so no need to
  get into the strangeness of [pix_buffer]...

> My only concern is connectig 2 cameras, I believe that this gives
> trouble with any modules but I would like to be proven wrong.

i am not sure about osX (Gem either tries to grab the first available
device, which would be ok; or the first listed device (which would
reduce your options to one camera)
on linux i have worked with several cameras within one Gem-patch, there
is something like a "device" message.

mfg.as.er
IOhannes