[PD] Installation with GEM

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon Apr 25 15:10:45 CEST 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 6:51 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i am not sure about osX (Gem either tries to grab the first available
> device, which would be ok; or the first listed device (which would
> reduce your options to one camera)

This is indeed the case on OSX.  Only the first device is used by
pix_video.  I could not get additional devices working when I had two
to test, and now I only have one.  I figure 1 input is better than none
to start with.

There is a decent chance I might have a whole lot of time to work on
the Quicktime code of GEM in the near future.  This is on the list to
do.