[PD] audio quality : xp / linux

Greg gkjoyce at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 06:14:56 CEST 2005

ok.  the audio quality I get in XP is no good.  I know this has been
adressed in a previous thread but I don't know if it was "clicking" or
what used describe it.  Also, my laptop died and i was able to get my
docs off it by using Knoppix after wasting time with xp's recovery
worthlessness or BartPE, so right now I'm fairly pro-linux. I tried
mandrake a couple years ago but abandoned it since it's a Win world.
CCRMA fedora 3 with a boot cd / usb stick looks pretty good to me but
i'm interested in hearing about what other people think about it and
what's working for them.