[PD] OSC for Windows

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 30 12:20:15 CEST 2005

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i think the original author of OSCx is not that active any more (or
> at least: they is not maintaining it actively)

AFAIK he once said, that the version of OSC for Pd in CVS should be
and is the canonical version, that is, development of OSC happens
inside CVS. Because of this I think, it's okay for other developers to
fix any "normal" bugs there, if they are open for "long enough" or if
they are very grave (like the licensing stuff). At least I did it
sometimes in the past and others like Hans also did it.

Regarding fixes in the build system: OSC should build using Guenther's
build system as well as using Scons. IMO it is not necessary to put a
lot of work into making OSC's own build system work as well. As far as
I'm concerned the local build system could be dropped altogether in
favour of Scons or Guenther's built. But that is just my view of
things.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44