[PD] Linux - mac

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Fri Oct 28 14:32:04 CEST 2005

I have Ubuntu and Tiger on my Powerbook. I wouldn't recommend it
though. I did it because I was using Linux for several years before I
got the powerbook so a lot of my current stuff was done for linux.
Also, there are a few things I can do in Linux that the Mac either
doesn't do or doesn't do as well. However, I have been unable to get
any audio in Linux, the trackpad doesn't work and Airport Extreme
doesn't work. Adding packages is a bitch because ppc packages aren't
as widely available as x86. So I would say, if you're not an
experienced Linux user who's gotten used to working with features
that Linux supports but Mac doesn't, don't bother with Linux on a
Mac. If you seriously want to become a Linux user, get an x86 computer.

Pall