[PD] GEM: Nembie question

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Nov 2 15:51:13 CET 2005

Hi there,

Upon first reading your message I thought you were talking about how the
gemwindow aspect ratio effects how things look, indeed this is not at
all what you are talking about.

Since gem is vector the "pixel dimensions" really have no meaning at
all, so it would be up to you, who understands such things, to make that
happen. It would be some calculation of the change in the gem window
used to change the gemwin "view" so that the objects appear to be the
same size.

Now do you want the gemwindow to actually be bigger, or do you want your
smaller objects stay the same size and set into a thick black border?
For the latter you can manage something using border 0, and offset
messages to set the gemwindow into the center of a larger screen.

b.