[PD] Binaries for OsX

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 18 02:48:50 CET 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 6:14 PM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>> I think all of that should be included in the extended builds.
>> serialize has been replaced by comport.
>
> I am trying to help a friend at a distance (6000Km) to make a patch
> work. He's on a mac mini with osX.3 (I think). He just got pd working
> with miller's last build.
> I pointed him to the links by Johannes,
> http://www.mild.ch/~pd/netpd/extra/, where several .pd_darwin files
> are. Can someone tell me where they should be installed? I'm a windows
> user, and never worked with pd on a mac.

Have you tried Pd-0.38.4-extendedRC2.app here:
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html ?  It has all of those already
included as individual objects so that you don't need to load any libs.

If you want to install those libs, right-click on the Pd.app, select
Show Package Contents.  It'll open a window, and in there, browse to
Resources/extra.  That's where you put the libs.

> He also tried before to install the extended version in sourceforge -
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55736 - , but it
> didn't worked. I can't also say to him if it is an extension to pd, or
> if pd is included in it. Should it work now, that a version of pd is
> already working?

That one is pretty old.  I am currently redoing the whole build system,
so once I get a stable release from that, it'll be posted on the
SourceForge page.

.hc

> thanks,
>
> Joao
> --
> Lugostr. 14
> 79100 Freiburg i. Br.
> Deutschland
> +49 (0)761 7074997
> jmmmp at arcor.de

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

                                        - Amy Smith