[PD] joystick-based interactive musical instruments..

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 18 05:52:20 CET 2005

Hi folks -
Today I'm building an 'instrument' from PD and a MS Sidewinder
joystick.. I'm feeling like I'm probably reinventing a number of things
that people have surely done in the past - like using a
joystick-button-combination to record my voice into an array, another
combination to play it back, continuous joystick control to pitch-shift
and scan the sample array at varying rates (including backwards), etc..
Basically I want to to easily record and tweak my voice in a number of
ways, on the fly.. (I feel very inspired by Michel Waisvisz and his
'hands' in this project) I've been happily creating this thing from
scratch for a day now, but I'd like to see some examples of how others
have implemented interesting behavior, as a reference and to spark some
new ideas. So if you've got patches that you have made for this kind of
thing that you can send my way (or favorites you can refer me to from
the help files, etc..), please share - I'd be greatly appreciative!
cheers,
-David Merrill

--
MIT Media Lab