[pd] OS X Makefiles

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 21 20:57:31 CET 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 12:44 AM, david golightly wrote:

> Hello again list,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to write (or autogenerate) a makefile for
> Darwin that will turn source into a *.pd_darwin binary, including the
> appropriate libraries etc.  There's got to be a simple answer for this
> but I'm just not looking the right places.

In CVS, look at externals/build/darwin.  Just follow the READMEs there,
you don't need to build your own build system.  Add it to the existing
one, and it'll build on Linux and Windows, and also be included in the
Pd-extended builds.

> By the way, I'm putting together a wiki page on how to get around in
> the darwin shell and compile things for GUI-spoiled OS X users like
> myself.  It's easy enough to learn enough C to write a simple external
> from source, in fact Mr. Zmoelnig's How-To does an excellent job of
> explaining how to write the source but it doesn't include this one
> little crucial detail for compiling.

How about putting your content on this wiki page:

http://puredata.org/docs/developer/Darwin

Also, there is a lot of good stuff here:

http://puredata.org/docs/developer

.hc