[PD] midi problems on Ubuntu

Patrick Valiquet p.valiquet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:00:44 CET 2005

Carl:

> Carl Najafi hat gesagt: // Carl Najafi wrote:
> > i just recently switched from xp to ubuntu and i'm
> > having difficulties getting midi to work in pd. i've
> > been struggling with it for a week, but i can't get it
> > to work - at all.
> >
> > i had some general midi problems, but those were taken
> > care of with fluidsynth, but when i run fluidsynth
> > first the audio is blocked when i start pd, and vice
> > versa.
> Now I only wonder, where the midi problems are with this?

I've had this one before myself. For some weird reason the Ubuntu
folks decided it would be better not to load the alsa midi module by
default. you have to do it manually by typing: sudo modprobe snd-seq

other than that, you shouldn't have too many problems...

you should also get jack working: connecting things audio and/or midi
will be a breeze.

Patrick
--
äPnîáÃ`Ìgx9KlóS•Ìh´9»=œ(r)_(r)½ö±q<|Pô")"ì¹xS@‹ñìðeúë
(c)Çñ=Ž>²åûMsØ›h#Õ×k·#Í6žü:´kB*÷Ú(c)¶½ö"™Gγü>u4ÖÿžŽ¾Ú