[PD] nosferatu namespaces

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Nov 24 01:32:37 CET 2005

> Please describe a situation where its not possible and one where its
> not meaningful.  I don't see it at all.   If you are talking about
> sharing code among objects, you can do this with a DLL/shared lib.
> For an example, Thomas got his flext externals working this way in
> Pd-extended: each object is its own file, but flext is a shared lib.

Not sure if i'm the best example for splitting of external libraries
into single externals.
In my own externals i often opted for packing externals into libaries
because i can optimize across externals using C++ and inline functions.
See xsample for reference. It would be pretty difficult to get the same
performance in the same compact amount of maintainable code with C and
split external objects.
I'm sure that everything _can_ in principle be realized in separate
externals, but i still don't see the reason why it should be.

best greetings,
Thomas