[PD] Pd-extended Build System is ready for the public

carmen ix at replic.net
Tue Nov 29 00:06:12 CET 2005

> I've found so far that finding the right HOWTO has been key, I am
> wondering whether you know of one.  Good docs for MinGW have been
> elusive, and there are quite a few little details that are hard to
> track down, like when to use MinGW make, and when to use Cygwin make.

you dont need anything from Cygwin for MinGW, that was one of the reasons it was created in the first place...that stuff on the wiki regarding stealing bits here and there from cygwin is misinformation... for some rare thing that isnt in msys or the DTK like PNG/JPeG lib needed by gridflow, you can get pure-win32 ports at gnuwin32.sourceforge.net

i do remmeber sometimes the included make would screw up but if you copied /bin/mingw32-make.exe to /bin/make.exe after installing it worked nicely..