[PD] Re: [OT] Edirol FA-101 under Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 29 23:39:02 CET 2005

Hallo,
js hat gesagt: // js wrote:

> On 11/29/05, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> > I guess, the
> > majority of Linux machines running worldwide do so as servers, often
> > without screen and keyboard.
>
> this is an interesting point- i wonder how you come to your conclusion
> [and what supporting data you have]. i run several linux boxes- all of
> them with screens and keyboard. but i do know of several linux boxes
> set up as you indicate.

No numbers, as I wrote, it's just a guess, which I dare to do from
looking at the fact, that although Linux is becoming more and more
popular as a desktop system, it's traditional home as a Unix-ish
system is the server room (or farm).

Or it is the other way around: The Linux counter:
http://counter.li.org/reports/short.php reports that  91.65% of all
registered users use Linux at home and 53.10% at work (obviously some
do both).

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Anyway: a significant amount of Linux machines work in the server
business, where keyboards and screens are not needed.

Ciao