[PD] Fading between 4 videos - performance issues

Nuno Godinho eu at nunogodinho.com
Tue Dec 13 14:51:20 CET 2005

Hi,

This is a P4 at 3.2GHz with 1Gb of RAM and an ATI 9600 video card. Not the
best in the world but I would say its acceptable for my intents.

Hum...  so, from what you say... what I want to do is indeed performance
intensive. But how can this be if in Adobe Premiere I can run much more
videos simultaneously and still apply some filters on the fly?

How do you intend to improve things?
What alternativs do I have?
Does it run smoothly in Mac? Is this a PC-only issue?

I thought the idea of turning off the invisible videos was quite reasonable.
But somehow pd takes over 1 second to react and turn one video on or off.

I could use a slightly slower framerate... But this would only be a
temporary solution.

Thanks,
Nuno