[PD] Connection with sensors - new devices?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 23 22:21:00 CET 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Christian Klippel wrote:

> > According to some feedback I got back when trying to advertise the
> > Multio, it's more important to make the device cheap and
> > simple-to-build than to make it small in size. However, it should be
> > possible to make the device a lot smaller than it is now just by
> > cutting on the features (as in: making those features optional, as
> > daughterboards)
>
> the problem is the available space. as you can see, its pretty full. only way
> would be to cripple down the possibility to extend it, and thats not what i
> want to do.

Well, to make more space, can't you make more features _optional_? that's
exactly what i'm suggesting above.

Make the AC/DC conv external and optional.
Make the MIDI ports optional.

BTW if you also turn the IDE-like connectors on their side then you can
save on the thickness because the AC/DC's capacitors and MIDI plugs are
the tallest components on the board. If you keep them vertical but put
inverse connectors on the back on the daughterboards then you don't need
cables anymore (and I love the LEGO-block concept of it).