Pd for Debian [was: Re: [PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6 release]

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.de
Mon Dec 26 23:53:11 CET 2005

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:32:25 +0100
Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Another problem is building
> flext externals, because flext's build system also is hard to script
> fully automatically.

i'm successfully using a scons build system for flext externals, that
uses scons's advanced dependency checking ... imo, it works better for
linux systems than the flext build system, that may have the advantage
of cross-platform portability ...
most flext externals work fine with the sconscript, other's need a
custom.py, to be added in the ./build/ folder of the specific
external ...
i'm basically using it to rebuild all flext externals automatically
after changes to the flext cvs, but i suppose, it's easier to script
this build system than to scrip the flext build system ... if anyone is
interested, i can post the specific files here ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be
beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you
discover that there is no reason.
  John Cage.