[PD] Ambisonics in PD - some problems

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 17 23:56:54 CET 2006

Hallo,
lfthomaz at lsi.usp.br hat gesagt: // lfthomaz at lsi.usp.br wrote:

> 3)Is there any PD component that I can use to input values (xyz, for
> example) graphically? Like those surround tools you see in Nuendo, for
> example!

You can build stuff like this easily (well, after some learning) with
data structures. Attached is a simple xy-controller, that I posted
here some weeks ago already. This can be extended in various ways. I
prefer [struct]-based solutions over [grid] because for one, they also
work with graph-on-parent, and then because they are much easier to
customize than prefabricated externals. An alternative approach would
be to use the tot/toxy/widget externals family, but I never used them
really. And then of course there is GEM.

Ciao