[PD] pb with externals build

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 8 20:10:36 CEST 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 5:35 AM, FredVoisin wrote:

> Hello dear list,
>
> Sorry for this obvious question.
> Does it exist already a make file in cvs for compiling all
> externals in
> one go for linux ppc, as it is for linux x86 or darwin ppc ?
>
> I have cvsed from http://pure-data.iem.at/docs/developer/
> sourceforge_cvs
> and found no make file in my externals/build/linux/ (of course,
> build/darwin/makefile exists). I'm suprised /externals/build/linux
> is empty.

externals/build/linux/makefile is not really maintained any more, but
probably still works.  But it should be there.

"cd externals && make" will build almost everything, including the
stuff in externals/build/src.  "cd externals && make install"  will
install them all into externals/build/extra

Check here for docs:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer

____

"Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy
is related to the telescope."
                                                           -Edsger
Dykstra