[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 19 10:36:11 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > However to actually make use of this in signal externals,
> > you need to do some extra work. vline~ does. See attached patch and
> > doc/3.audio.examples/C04.control.to.signal.pd
>
> vline~ achieves subsample accuracy by delaying samples for the next dsp
> block ... it's not, that actual messaging is happening ...

But it doesn't matter when the actual messaging is happening: Clock
delayed messages *know* when they are supposed to happen, they have a
kind of timestamp, and vline~ takes care that they *do* happen at that
time, regardless of wether that is inside of a signal block or not.

In every practical aspect I can think of this is equivalent to being
delivered without quantization.

Ciao