[PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 19 10:41:34 CEST 2006

Thomas Grill wrote:

> we have todistinguish between logical time and real time. I must say
> that i also didn't know that PDs logical times can have sub-ms accuracy
> (maybe because i don't do techno music!) but i made a small patch to be
> convinced (attached).
> On the other hand it's clear that these sub-ms logical times can't
> really make it over to the DSP side (since every DSP block is processed
> as a whole) without using tricks (vline~)

i guess that the important thing here is to distinguish between jitter
and the overall behaviour:
when you trigger a sample it doesn't really matter whether you have
sub-ms accuracy, since it is not perceivable anyhow.
otoh, running 2 [metro]s at 100ms and 100.5ms might produce a
perceptable drift.

fmg.asdr.
IOhannes