[PD] pd crashes when loading rradical example patches

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jun 22 22:39:16 CEST 2006

Hallo,
sokratesla hat gesagt: // sokratesla wrote:

> # I was seeking an preset/load/save mechanism in Pd and came to the
> wonderful rradical project. After I read its page
> http://goto10.org/-/rradicalpd.html I immediately tried its example patches
> in pd/doc/examples/rradical. But I encounter with an ruthless error:
>
> Error signature
> AppName: pd.exe
> ModName: msvcrt.dll
> ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180
> Offset: 00037ab4
>
> every time and Pd crashed.
> # I'm using Windows Xp, and tried these patches with both pd-extended
> 0.38.4and
> 0.39.2. Do you have any idea why this error occurs, and how to overcome it?
>
> # Now I realized that same error comes when opening an "ix" patch.

RRADical crashes often are related to the wrong [prepend] object being
loaded. It has to be the one from Cyclone, until I remove all
occurences of [prepend] and replace them with [list prepend].

If you create a prepend object, how many inlets does it have?

To rule out other errors, you may also try, if you can create [pool]
properly, then also see, if you can create an [originator] object
without crashes

Ciao