[PD] 3d boolean in gem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 14 20:25:38 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, patco wrote:

> I was confusely thinking that we could try to replace an area of a
> geometrical object with another with modifying the texture of both, and
> assembling them, or adjusting the alpha values for doing a similar
> effect. But I've seen through some tests that this is maybe too tricky
> (for me at least and others certainly...),

Hello. If I have a ball and I remove a cube out of it, properly offset so
that the result is a half-ball, then merely retexturing a sphere (the
surface of a ball) can't get you in any way to the surface of a
half-ball, because the surface of a half-ball isn't a half-sphere or
any subset of a sphere. What's missing is a disc (filled circle) put
exactly where the half-ball was cut, in order to close it.