[PD] Human interface Devices for PD

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun Jul 30 23:37:51 CEST 2006

Hello again my favorite list!

I am wondering if there are any human interface devices that provide a
continuous amound of control, like Ms Pinky does for Max?

I was hoping for a midi footswitch that can can operate like a
pitch-bending wheel on a keyboard, and/or a rotating pad like a
turntable that I can interface with PD somehow. Just using MIDI
keyboards and audio input signals to control syntesis is kind of
limiting.

Has anyone here hooked up Scratch or Ms Pinky to PD?

What would be even better would be if someone can point me to a kit I
could build myself that I could hook up to a variable resistor, like a
pan-pot, that could interface with PD in a continuous way (obviously
there would be some sampling rate involved).

Lastly, in the future is there a resource somewhere I should check
first before asking questions like this here? I didn't see anything at
puredata.org on this...

Thanks everyone!
-wade