[PD] Routing from tuner card into PD.

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 19 19:17:50 CEST 2006

i never tried it with radio, but with tv. there are actually at least
three different approaches:

1. grab the sound directly from the tv-card with pd (the problem is that
you may want a different output-card than input-card in pd. i don't know
if this is possible)

2. often there is a cable between the audio-out of the tv-card and the
built-in soundcard. you could grab the sound with pd from the soundcard
by setting the according rec-input in 'alsamixer -V capture'.
i must say, that i had no luck in finding it, so this approach didn't
work for me.

3. let mplayer do all the dirty work. you need to run jack, then you can
easily connect mplayer's output to pd's input. mplayer could be run in
slave mode, so you can easily control it from pd. there is one problem
with this approach (when doing video): since mplayer captures the video
from the tv-card, you cannot capture it in pd/gridflow/pdp/gem.

roman