[PD] [Pd] Graphics Toolkits?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 6 03:55:06 CET 2007

Tcl is whacky, but Tk is quite flexible and well developed for making
GUIs. Check out tomorrow's auto-build if you want to make your mouse
cursor turn into gumby :)  It's in hcs/cursor-help.pd

.hc

On Nov 5, 2007, at 8:12 PM, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I have now discovered the wonder that is Tcl/Tk.
> There goes the next few weeks of my life...
>
> -Chuckk
>
> On 11/3/07, Chuckk Hubbard < badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I am brainstorming about rewriting a Pd patch I wrote as a
> standalone program, for several reasons.  I wrote it very
> haphazardly the first time, learning to program simultaneously.
> I've since gained a much greater understanding of C, and a
> smattering of some other languages.  Also, the other musicians I
> try to share my program with seem unable to figure out how to
> configure Pd (I still find it difficult, honestly).  I'd also like
> to use my program to apply for grants, so I think it would be well
> to be standalone.
> I understand that Pd uses Tcl/Tk, but I don't know much about these
> tools.  What kind of libraries or toolkits enable the functions of
> things like [drawpolygon] and [drawnumber]?  I didn't see anything
> resembling that in the info I read on Tcl/Tk, but I did see the
> possibility of using image files, which I think would be just as
> good.  I've also picked up some knowledge of OpenGL from Gem; might
> that be an option for a sequencer GUI?
>
> Advice appreciated.
> -Chuckk
>
> --
> http://www.badmuthahubbard.com
>

> --
> http://www.badmuthahubbard.com

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf