[PD] arduino pd os x bluetooth

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Nov 29 05:38:55 CET 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:41 PM, Koray Tahiroglu wrote:

> I was doing tests with ultrasound and accelerometer with ArduinoBT,
> beacuse of the pulse code in firmware PDuino doesn't work with that
> firmware, but I tried with earlier PD patch that I was using for
> ultrasound sensors. I made it work, but it is not stable, sometimes
> PD receiving no data at all. Pduino works fine with 115200 with
> analog sensors. I didnt do any test but it works.

Analog should be ok since dropped packages aren't a big deal, but
with digital it matters a lot, the difference between getting a
button press and not.

> did you try ( or know anybody) interfacing ArduinoBT with PD using
> accelerometer (2 axis) or with ultrasound (PING) sensors?

There are now some nice sensors that output analog values so they are
really easy to use with Arduino and Firmata:

3-axis accellerometer:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=849

ultrasonic rangefinder:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8502

Also, for the old pulseIn() PING sensors, it should be possible to
make a Firmata compatible firmware using the Firmata library.  It's
alpha, but the Firmata firmware already uses the library to send
input data.

.hc

> Koray
>
> -------------------------------------
> <--! because of email server name changes, koray.tahiroglu at uiah.fi
> and ktahirog at uiah.fi  are switched to koray.tahiroglu at taik.fi and
> ktahirog at taik.fi , since new year only koray.tahiroglu at taik.fi and
> ktahirog at taik.fi will work-->
> -------------------------------------
>

> M.Koray Tahiroglu
> Media Lab,UIAH
> http://mlab.taik.fi/~korayt
> tel: +358 468956602 ( in Finland only)
> tel: +90 533 712 8245
>

> On Nov 29, 2007, at 12:00 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> What kind of digital sensors?  I do know that the Arduino does
>> have issues when running at 115200.  I don't know if the ArduinoBT
>> also has these issues.  It would actually be really helpful if you
>> could run an "echo test" on the ArduinoBT.
>>
>> Here's the recent discussion of testing on the Arduino developers'
>> list:
>>
>> http://mail.arduino.cc/pipermail/developers_arduino.cc/2007-
>> November/000576.html
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Nov 28, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Koray Tahiroglu wrote:
>>
>>> hello Tim,
>>>
>>> Pduino (http://at.or.at/hans/pd/Pduino-0.3.1.zip) works fine with
>>> ArduinoBT for analog sensors, you need to change baud rate to
>>> 115200 both in firmware and also in [comport]'s initial value.
>>>
>>> for ultrasound and accelerator sensors, pulse problem can be
>>> solved by increasing the delay time in the arduino codes, however
>>> this is not a stable solution. Sometimes it doesn't work at all.
>>> Seems like digital sensors + ArduinoBT+PD needs another solution.
>>>
>>> anyone has any experience with digital sensors + ArduinoBT+PD ?
>>>
>>> Koray.
>>>
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> <--! because of email server name changes,
>>> koray.tahiroglu at uiah.fi and ktahirog at uiah.fi  are switched to
>>> koray.tahiroglu at taik.fi and ktahirog at taik.fi , since new year
>>> only koray.tahiroglu at taik.fi and ktahirog at taik.fi will work-->
>>> -------------------------------------
>>>

>>> M.Koray Tahiroglu
>>> Media Lab,UIAH
>>> http://mlab.taik.fi/~korayt
>>> tel: +358 468956602 ( in Finland only)
>>> tel: +90 533 712 8245

>> -------
>>
>> 'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
>> hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
>> another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith