[PD] VLC rc connection

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Sun Dec 2 06:32:30 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> It would be great to have this all in a page on the webpage, like
> somewhere here:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/
>
> There is one other step needed after setting the preferences when
> starting in GUI mode.  That is to turn on the interface.  I believe rc
> interface is called "Console" in the VLC->Add Interface menu.
>
> But either way, GUI or command line, I couldn't get VLC to respond, even
> though it connects fine.  I added the help from VLC to the patch that
> you originally sent, it's attached.
>
> .hc

Thank you for the doc...

VLC error message:

  Unable to open 'E:/mp3/cure/The Cure - Boys Don't Cry - 03 - 10.15
Saturday Night.mp3;'

pd put ";" at the end of the message, it's one of the issues I get that
I could almost understand. How it is possible to remove this damned
semi-column? I tried to put "\" with makefilename, but it changes nothing.