[PD] pdlua compiling on mac

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 3 01:39:02 CET 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 8:16 AM, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> marius schebella wrote:
>> hi,
>> still not luck. here is the error I am getting now,
>> m.
>
> [snip]
>
>> `test -f /Users/marius/devel/pd-rsync/pd-extended/externals/hcs/
>> lua.libs && cat /Users/marius/devel/pd-rsync/pd-extended/externals/
>> hcs/lua.libs`
>
> [snip]
>
> Maybe the lua.libs file should contain some flags to link with Lua,
> but I'm not familiar with this build system...
>
> The "symbol not found" errors are because the Lua installation
> isn't found.  I guess the simplest solution would be to try a
> static build, get the development version for this:
>
> https://devel.goto10.org/dl.php?repname=maximus&path=%2Fpdlua%
> 2F&rev=0&isdir=1
>
> and follow the instructions in the INSTALL file in the Static section.
>
> Hope this helps,

Sounds like this should be in pure-data CVS and integrated into Pd-
extended.  I'll be happy to help with that if you guys want.

For Mac OS X, it looks like Fink has the packages you need:

root at macosx104-powerpc.idmi.poly.edu:~ > fink list lua
Information about 7424 packages read in 4 seconds.
    lua                5.0.2-1005    Small, compilable scripting
language
    lua-shlibs         5.0.2-1005    lua shared libraries
    lua51              5.1.2-3       Small and fast embeddable scripting
    lua51-dev          5.1.2-3       Files needed to make Lua/C bindings
    lua51-shlibs       5.1.2-3       Shared libraries for linking Lua
5.1 engine
    tolua              5.0-12        Greatly simplifies the
integration of C/C++

----

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.