[PD] paranoid pd

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 1 00:53:27 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 17:59 -0500, marius schebella wrote:
> nothing is bad about using shift.
> but the question is, how pd should behave if your are NOT using shift,
> but click on the small X in the pd console window title bar (or a patch)
> that usually closes a patch or program without confirmation. (unless you
> haven't changed the document.)

gotcha. i kind of forgot about the opportunity to close a patch/pd by
clicking on [X].

> new users may want to close the console window not realizing that this
> closes pd itself.
> speaking for me, I find this confirmation really annoying. do I really
> find this annoying every single time! YES!

HAHA... marius.. i love it, wenn du lospolterst.. ;-)

i agree, that a check, if a patch was changed would be nice. OTOH,
wouldn't that be a good reason to switch to using shortcuts? i mean, how
can you get annoyed so much by something, that makes closing a window -
let's call it - inefficient, if you at the same time chose the most
inefficient way to close a window anyway?

roman