[PD] pd becomes unresponsive but does not eat cpu

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:21:45 CET 2008

 Claude Heiland-Allen <claudiusmaximus at goto10.org>:

> Some versions of Pd behave like this if you try to print certain
> characters like '{'.

You mean using [print] ?

Is 0.40.1 one of those version?

I don't think it's my case though. I'm printing plenty of things but I
don't think there's any strange character in them. Indeed I was now
trying to print a { to test it, and I don't even know how to do that
(I can't type a { in a message box) so it's unlikely I have done it
unintentionally....

However, what other character may cause this? Are there other [print]
weirdnesses that can cause the problem apart from printing special
characters?

Thanks
m.

--