[PD] Phasor Driven Midi File Playback?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 11 21:19:56 CET 2008

saint wrote:

>I've been trying to incorporate synched looped midi file playback into a
>system of tabread looping players. So far I've been using xeq but recently
>discovered seq in the cyclone library.
>
>I can kinda get xeq to work but it involves me cheating the tempo of the
>file playback, banging a sync point at the start of every audio loop and
>I'm getting quite confused with the different xeq objects (the
>documentation has been down for a number of years)...
>
>Is there a more graceful way of doing this like I do with the
>phasor/tabread audio? I see that seq has a 'goto' command with seconds and
>milliseconds, if I fed that with my audio phasor would the midi loops play
>in sync with the audio loops?

There's the [mrpeach/midifile] object. You feed it ticks from a [metro] to
advance through the file and can jump to any tick in the file. It can also
dump the file so you can find the tick number to go to. It doesn't know
about seconds but you can tune the speed very finely. I have had it running
in sync with the Hydrogen drum machine for hours at a time.

Martin