[PD] Fwd: using PD to access URL based images and video

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:59:54 CET 2008

yes, that was me. I used python and the flickr api to do this. there is
an unofficial release at
http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/Pd/pd_flickr. (I will have to
look into it again and have to clean up the code and give better
documentation.
I use python to talk to flickr, search for tags and then download the
images to a local folder, and parse the local address to pd, so that pd
can open the image. there is no way to do all that with native pd
objects yet.
youtube videos are more tricky, because you would have to convert them
from flash to some readable file format.
feel free to download and test, (I am not sure, if it still works, but
you will get the concept) and I did not include my flickr-api key, (so
you have to get one). I will look into it again and can help you with
questions...
marius.