[PD] lua scripting for pd objects

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:43:36 CEST 2008

chris clepper wrote:
> In GEM if you need lots of objects then try to avoid using a gemhead or
> separator for each.  The setup time for pushing and popping the matrix
> thousands of times starts to add up.

I don't know how I could translate the objects correctly without
gemheads or separators, maybe storing the current XYZlocation and
subtracting it from the relative position? would that be faster than to
use pushmatrix popmatrix?

> Also, use a model so rather than compute and upload the geometry in
> immediate mode each frame a display list is called instead.

the geometry I was using so far was simple, but objects could still be
faster I guess. are you talking about display lists like VOBs or FBOs? I
have to read more about that and how gem makes use of it.

> The fastest solution would be to write a custom object that wraps all of
> the functionality you need.

write as write in c++? or write as write in luagl?

marius.