[PD] generating fluke objects strobo

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 19 17:41:45 CEST 2008

Hallo,
robert grah hat gesagt: // robert grah wrote:

> hallo frank,
>
> 2008/5/19 Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>:
>

> > Do you have any example for what exactly you want to do? I've never
> > heard of this "fluke" thing and searching the web for that term
> > yielded no useable results as fluke is a common word.
> >

> fluke should be the translation for the german word "zufall". maybe
> coincidence is the better word for this.

Ah! And I thought "fluke" was the name of a PHP library ...

> i want to generate surfaces, tables, boxes, geometrical forms in strobo
> speed style. this objects be generated through coincidence algorythms. so
> for example i have 4 boxes which change the color and the size every frame
> per coincidence.
>
> Gem can generate graphics at the usual 20/25 fps, which already is
> > much faster than a club stroboscope - and it's much faster than
>
> i will check Gem, sounds that this is what i need.

I won't ask now what "strobo speed style" is though I don't know what it
is. ;)

Anyway Gem is a OpenGL graphics system for Pd. You can generate colored
boxes with Gem easily, using the programming/patching approach as for
audio or message programming in Pd.  Gem is something completely
different from Python in this context: With Python in Pd you write new
Pd objects in Python, while Gem is a collection of special purpose
objects.

Ciao
--
Frank