[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jun 19 11:54:12 CEST 2008

On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:12 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
>
>> So does this mean that users in future will download a 'core' Pd
>> (extended) and then separately download and install the different
>> sets
>> of externals that they want to work with, instead of downloading
>> one big
>> monolithic package? I like that because it fits well with the Debian
>> philosophy.
>
> Hans has said several times in the past that he has no interest at all
> to work on pd-packages separated like you sugest, so I believe, this
> would only apply for packages maintained somewhere/by someone else,
> like GridFlow.

Hmm, I don't think I would put it that way.  What I do mean is that I
don't think I can take on the maintanence of yet another aspect of
Pd, I am overloaded as it is.  I would like to see good Debian
packages for Pd, Pd-extended and all the libs, and I would help
anyone who is willing to take on the project.

For example, I helped Nando create the PlanetCCRMA packages for Pd-
extended, which is organized this way (one package per library).

.hc