[PD] extended and load file

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 22 18:42:10 CEST 2008

By the way, this should be fixed to make more sense in the latest
builds:

- default saveas folder is PWD on GNU/Linux and Windows

- default saveas folder is Home folder (~/) on Mac OSX

- new patches default to the folder last saved in

.hc

On Jun 10, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Vincent Rioux wrote:

> Hello Hans and list,
> using Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1-ubuntu-hardy-i386.deb,
> if i launch a patch (from the command line) in a directory say /
> data/dir1 where belong my_patch1.pd and my_patch2.pd :
> cd /data/dir1
> pd my_patch1.pd
>
> if i save as my_patch1.pd , pd automatically starts browsing from /
> data/dir1
> but as for the creation of a new patch or the opening of a previous
> patch, pd will start browsing from the home repertory.
> i know that there have been a lengthy discussion on this subject
> but still, i am a bit puzzled by this choice. is there a way to set
> with the command line, the start directory (open/save,saveas) to
> the current directory ?
>
> best regards,
> vincent

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli