[PD] [ot] managing distributed development

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Aug 21 05:17:07 CEST 2008

Hi Andy,
many thanks for your input!

> You could also look at it another way. Why do it? Collaborative software
development
> is a human activity. What are the problems with humans you're trying to
'solve'?

Actually it's not me who is trying to solve these "problems". I tend to
think it's impossible right from the start. But obviously management tasks
are not the most popular ones and some community members might not always
be happy with the work of some manager - that's why it could in principal
make sense to automate/democratize such tasks.

gr~~~

--
Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org