[PD] py and xsample in 0.40.3 extended under Linux

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Nov 21 18:29:42 CET 2008

Hi Enrique,
in order to improve user experience it would be necessary to have
detailed feedback. "it did not complain at all" is not very helpful.

> i just had another look and i found that comenting out
> OFLAGS=-O3
> in the config-lnx-pd-gcc.txt solved it so now i could compile
> xsample and py and the seem to work fine.

what exactly happens when "OFLAGS=-O3" is not commented out? Can you
paste the console printout, as well as the compiler version?
I have a hard time understanding how this line can be a problem,
except when the compiler itself is buggy and crashes etc.

> nice, but the whole process requieres (in my opinon) a pretty good
> level of understanding linux and the compilation process and
> details. It would be nice if it was easier.

thanks,
gr~~~