[PD] pd-linux/irritating dialog box location

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 2 14:58:44 CET 2008

Ilias Anagnostopoulos wrote:
> Hello IOhannes,
>
> Actually, I've been wondering about this myself. What do you mean with
> "configure the window manager"? As in people changing this manually on
> their computer settings, or as in hard-coded in the PD code?

no it has nothing to do with Pd.
with "configure your window manager", i mean literally "configure your
window manager".

the window manager is the application that manages your windows (hence
the name :-)), e.g. window decoration, window positioning, window
focusing...

how the wm can be configured is highly depending on the wm itself.
e.g. on kde you can control the wm (kwin) via the kcontrol center.
since this is my main wm, i don't know about others.

under gnome, you can most likely set this via system->windows (or whatever).

fmasdr
IOhannes