[PD] Anyone using Lua also using other Lua extentions?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 3 10:07:03 CET 2008

Hallo,
Mike McGonagle hat gesagt: // Mike McGonagle wrote:

> I have been wondering about what I would need to do to use other Lua
> extentions along with [lua]? Is it just a matter of compiling those
> linked libraries, and then doing a require "my-extention'' in the
> code? Does anything in the C portions of PdLua need to be recompiled?

Lua itself can be compiled with or without the capabilty to load other
modules. Generally it is compiled with a default of enabling modules, so
you will be fine.

Other than that it's only a matter of letting pdlua find the modules.
It's fine if you install your modules globally, i.e. in /usr/lib/lua. To
be able to load modules in the current patch's directory, on older Pd
versions some fiddling with the Lua search path may be needed (search
the archives). On newer Pds (I think starting with 0.40 or 0.41) pdlua
can add the current directory to the search path itself.

After all that it's indeed just a simple: require"Box2D" or so.

Ciao
--
Frank