[PD] GEM pix_image+ram

stefan stefanpiat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:05:12 CEST 2009

hello!

I'm working on a patch where I have to load multiple image to create an
animation
(I don't want to make a .mov file cause it's kind of real-time editing)

I tried with pix_image, pix_film, pix_buffer...

and with all of these objects (same if frames are looped or not) the
used-memory increase until it crash pd...
some people already had the same problem before:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2004-10/023361.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-03/069086.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-09/042312.html

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this without having to restart pd?
a way to unload the image which stays in memory?

I'm on Osx 10.5.6 - and use pd-extended
compiled against Pd version 0.40.3.extended
GEM: ver: 0.91.1 'tigital'

"and the patch : put this to / and put a folder called "frames" beside it."

thanks for your help...
stefan