[PD] Pd-extended 0.41.4 release candidate 1

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky zznmeb at gmail.com
Fri May 15 07:35:06 CEST 2009

I have two openSUSE 11.1 machines and would love to help, but they are
both 64-bit and I have no time to work on this until after my first
Puredata workshop this coming Sunday. I tried a 64-bit openSUSE build
but it broke miserably and the instructions for 64-bit Linux builds
need drastic cleanup. It's definitely something I want to do, assuming
nobody else jumps in, but I need a working Pd-extended machine for
Sunday. So I am going with Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope on an ancient
32-bit laptop.

I also have a 64-bit Windows Vista machine (it's dual-booted with
openSUSE 11.1, actually) but when I loaded pd-extended on it and tried
to run the test sine wave in the Media menu, instead of a steady tone
I got a warbling tone that was unacceptable. If there's a fix for
this, I'll test out the Windows version and possibly use it for the
Sunday workshop.

P.S.: The workshop is at

http://dorkbotpdx.org/blog/breedx/pure_data_workshop_1_of_3_introduction_to_pd

if you're near Portland, Oregon.

P.P.S.: I'll try the new Windows build tomorrow and see if the warble
goes away. :)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky