[PD] pd 0.43 branch with the new GUI code

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 26 19:39:40 CEST 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:35 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>> A complete rewrite of Pd's GUI is starting to be usable.  Miller has
>
> thanks for your hard work so far. Here are some observations from
> quickly
> running it for couple of minutes on Linux with blackbox window
> manager.

Thank you for your questions, since they really seem to highlight what
I think is the most important part of the new GUI code: ease of
customizability and extensibility.

> - no scrollbars in help-intro.pd. Actually nothing seems to have
> scrollbars.

No scrollbars implemented yet.  Its tricky to get it right...

> - cannot make windows smaller than 310 px wide (height 0 is
> possible, though)

It won't let you go smaller than the menubar on the window.  It
wouldn't be too hard to write a little scriptlet that turns off the
menubar for all CanvasWindows (a class in the GUI) or a little Pd
patch using [sys_gui] and [window_name].  I attached the pd patch
version.  If you are interested, I'll hack up a tcl script version of
this.  Plugin ideas like this help me refactor the code to make such
things easier to do.