[PD] YUV v/s RGBA

Andres Ferrari anfex at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 22:40:56 CEST 2009

hello, i am trying to use pix_mask with 2 movies.

the movies were encoded in RGBA colorspace (codec planarRGB) for .mov files.

but when I open the video the pd console show that is not possible use pix_mask with 2 YUV movies...

if I use open in pix_film (or pix_movie) with the argument RGBA...the pix_alpha works...but the quality is horible.

the same happens with pix_alpha, pix_takealpha and pix_coloralpha.

maybe this objects works only with still images in jpg??
maybe I need other codecs for my movies??
maybe I have to create the movie with his own alpha channel??

i don't know...please help me.

(GEM 0.91 OSX 10.4 PPC)

thanks a lot.

Andrés Ferrari G.